Friday, March 23, 2012

The Life Of A Superyacht Worker

Bonnie Muddle has been working on superyachts for the past six years.

Confessions Of A Superyacht Worker -- CNN

Editor's note: Bonnie Muddle has worked on superyachts for the past six years. She runs a website giving tips on how to find work on a superyacht. Below she writes for CNN about what life aboard superyachts is really like.

Bangkok, Thailand (CNN) -- The phone call came from my uncle -- a captain on a superyacht -- offering me a seasonal job as a stewardess. Having absolutely no experience and no idea what the job would entail, where it would take me and how I would fare in rough conditions, I jumped at the chance.

Within the week I had arranged my B1/B2 visa at the American Consulate, booked in the obligatory safety course ( S.T.C.W 95), had a medical, packed up the accumulation of goods a girl at 22 owns and flew across to the USA.

Read more ....

My Comment: Bonnie Muddle's blog is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment